Telecharger pre-install tool
Statistics show that internet usage is on the rise at a phenomenal pace. People use the internet to share personal information with friends and family and to connect with business associates and clients. However, the internet is also quite risky because hackers can steal your data and manipulate it for financial gain. That is why you should always have a trusted antivirus and internet security software installed on your PC. McAfee is one of the most popular computer security software companies in the world. Millions of users around the globe use McAfee to protect their computers from malware and other malicious online content. You can call the McAfee Customer Care Number and speak to a software expert to see which McAfee product is compatible with your system. The installation of McAfee software depends on the device you use and the operating system. This article will give you an overview of how you can install McAfee on your Windows device.
Steps to install McAfee in Windows
- Step 1: Open the McAfee website using the link ‘autumnrock.be’. Go to ‘My Account’ and sign it using the email address for your McAfee account and your McAfee password.
- Step 2: To start the installation of the McAfee software you will need to enter the device you want to install the software on and search for the McAfee software you want to install.
- Step 3: You can quickly read through the McAfee License Agreement and click ‘Agree’. Once you have agreed to the given conditions you can click ‘Download’ and proceed with the installation of your McAfee software.
- Step 4: You should remember to make a note of the serial number shown on the screen since it may be required later on. If you want, you can keep the browser window with the serial number open so that it remains visible.
- Step 5: Once the download is complete you just need to open the ‘Downloads’ folder and search for the file. Double-click the McAfee file and follow the instructions given on the screen to continue with the installation.
Steps to use the McAfee Pre-Install tool
If you find that the installation is incomplete or fails for some reason you can refer to the steps given below to run the Pre-Install tool and fix the problem:
- Step 1: Visit the official McAfee website and download the Pre-Install tool
- Step 2: Save the McAfee file to a temporary location e.g. the desktop
- Step 3: Go to the desktop and double-click the ‘autumnrock.be’ file
- Step 4: When the warning message pops up click ‘Ok’ and run the tool
- Step 5: When the Pre-Install tool has finished scanning your PC click ‘Ok’
- Step 6: Restart your Windows computer and try and install McAfee from scratch
If you still find it difficult to install McAfee on your Windows device then you should call the McAfee Technical Support and ask for additional technical assistance to check if there are any compatibility issues that are preventing the smooth installation of McAfee.
Source URL: How do I install McAfee in Windows